Flood warnings – know what to do
Want to help us protect people from flooding?
Here are a few ways you can help people to Prepare Act Survive. Further information and resources can be found on our campaign materials page.
Take part in #JustOneThing
• Ask a key figure from your organisation to record a video or take a photograph to share on your social media channels, telling us #JustOneThing you would save in a flood and why.
• Add text to ask your friends/followers what they would save in a flood and encourage them to post their own pictures.
• Use the hashtags #JustOneThing and #PrepareActSurvive. Please always link to the Environment Agency’s what to do in a flood page using https://bit.ly/2MNJX4Z
You can record your video or take your photo whenever you like, just hang on to it so you’re ready when the campaign goes live. It will run any time from mid-October 2018, so be ready to post it when we go live – keep checking our social media feeds for notification.
Support us on social media
• Follow @EnvAgency on our national Twitter account for messages to share. You can also follow your local Environment Agency regional accounts, which will be posting local messages.
• Like and share our pages and posts on Facebook
• Follow and like our Instagram posts and stories
• Post your own flood awareness messages including the campaign hashtag #PrepareActSurvive. We’ve put together some useful facts and figures and provided the campaign images for social media on the campaign materials page.
Publish information on your website and newsletters
We’ve drafted some articles to explain the risks of flooding to our target audiences, renters and young families.
Add our campaign banner to your email signature
Download the email signature banner.
Put up posters in your local area
Download the poster artwork to print off yourself.
Find out more about what we do at www.gov.uk/environment-agency
Please note this content is for England only.